Convert numerical values to numbers
1. Select the columns you want to convert
2. Choose the format of the original values.
- In Great Britain and the United States, a coma is used to separate groups of thousand (For example 1,000,000) and a period is used to indicate the decimal place (0.05%).
- In Europe and many more countries, a period is used to separate groups of thousand (For example 1.000.000) and a coma is used to indicate the decimal place (0,05%).
3. Select how to display values that could not be converted to numbers. You can choose between
Extract numerical values from text in order to convert them
All values containing a mix of number and text (including characters such as % or $) will be converted to
null by default.
4. Select the option
Find number in text.
- If needed, choose in the dropdown below, which of
float(number with decimal value) or
integeryou wish to extract. Depending on your choice the first
integerfound in each value, from left to right, will be extracted.
Any numerical valuewill extract whichever is first, from left to right.