Convert numerical values to numbers
1. Select the columns you want to convert
2. Select the option Convert non-numbers to null if you want values that cannot be converted or extracted to be converted to null .
If this option is not selected, workbench will send your error message if it finds values that cannot be converted.
3. Select the display format of the converted numeric values
- Decimal, fixed precision: 1,500.00
- Decimal: 1,500.0012
- Decimal, no comma: 1500,0012
- Integer: 1,500
- Integer, no comma: 1500
- Currency: $1,500
- Percentage: 15,0%
4. Extract numbers from text to convert them
- Select the option
- Choose the format of numbers to extract
In the first dropdown, choose wether you want to extract a
Integer, or any of the two. The first found from left to right will be extracted.
- Choose the style of numbers to extract.
In Great Britain and the United States, a coma is used to separate groups of thousand (For example 1,000,000) and a period is used to indicate the decimal place (0.05%).
In Europe and many more countries, a period is used to separate groups of thousand (For example 1.000.000) and a coma is used to indicate the decimal place (0,05%).